Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 is labeled as one of the most advanced electric toothbrushes available at this moment and is an upgrade of the initial DiamondClean version. It has five cleaning modes and 3 Intensity Modes which is great for a good complete brushing. As most Philips Sonicare toothbrushes this DiamondClean Smart 9700 has 31,000 brush strokes per minute with sweeping motions which will drive the fluids between your teeth for a better cleaning.
But lets review Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 more in deep to see how each feature can help you to improve your oral health.
Brush headFirst of all the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart comes with 8 brush heads (4 pairs perfect to use based on the Cleaning Mode used) which is perfect if you want to personalize your brushing process. Here are these 4 paris of brush heads:
- Two Premium Plaque Control which removes 10 times more plaque.
- One pair of Premium Gum Care brush head which helps you to reduce the gums inflammation with 100% but also helps you to improve your gums health with visible results from the first 2 weeks of using it.
- One pair of Premium White brush head perfect to remove more teeth stains. It is known to remove up to 100% stains in just a few days after starting to using it.
- Two TongueCare+ tongue brush which helps you to have a fresh breath.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart also has a Replacement Reminder with lights up when is recommend to replace the brush head.
As discussed in the previous sections the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart has 5 cleaning modes which can be used combined with the Intensity Modes and with the brush heads included. These Cleaning modes are as it follows:
- Clean mode which is recommended for everyday cleaning.
- White+ mode which helps you to remove the stains and get whiter teeth in just a few days
- Deep Clean+ mode or a better and deep cleaning of your teeth.
- Gum Health mode to improve you gums health in just 2-3 weeks
- Tongue Care mode for a fresh breath
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart has 3 Intensity Modes which can be used combined with the cleaning modes based on your preference and the results you and to achieve. These modes are simple:
If you have sensitive gums or teeth, then the recommended mode is Low and if you want boost your teeth cleaning process, then use the High intensity level. Of course for a balanced level we recommend using the Medium mode.
As most advanced electric toothbrushes this Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart has two timers: BrushPacer and Smartimer. One is to alert you to change the brushed side and the second is to let you know that the brushing process will finish.
Connectivity, Real-Time Feedback and Smart SensorsThe Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart can be connected to your smartphone using an App. The compatible devices are as it follows:
- Android phones, Bluetooth 4.0 enabled tablets
- iPad 3rd Gen or higher, iPhone 4S or higher, with iOS7 or higher
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart is using smart sensors to give you real-time feedback on your brushing process.
We have at our disposal the Location Sensor so you can see exactly the areas already brushed and the places where you didn’t brush.
In case you start scrubbing during the brushing process there is a Scrubbing sensor which will let you know that is better to leave the toothbrush do the work. This way you can start creating a good brushing habit.
In general the Smart Sensors are helping you with the following:
- Pressure sensor which will alert you in case you brush too hard
- Location sensor to see the brushed areas, track the results and improve the brushing process
- Scrubbing sensor to let you know to reduce scrubbing
- 3D mouth map it will highlight the areas with problems
- TouchUp to let you know the missed areas
To be noted that there are more models of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart ad the current review is for the 9700 model. The other Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart versions are close enough to this one with some small differences when it comes to the cleaning modes available and a few other options.
(Back to Top)
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart is using a Lithium ION rechargeable battery which can last up to 14 days after each full charge. The charger can be used on both 110V and 220V and and the battery life will be indicated by a Illuminated Icon.
Another nice option is the charger glass used by DiamonClean models in general.
(Back to Top)
There are many customers considering the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart as the most advanced electric toothbrush. Most of them are considering as helpful the Cleaning Modes and the Intensity levels available but also Real-Time feedback with the included Smart Sensors which are helping you to improve your brushing habits.
As a downside we can say that you need to be careful with the app connectivity. This is because there are times when the results are not displayed as it should. Sometimes it happens if the phone is not close to you when you’re brushing.
(Back to Top)
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart pros:
- Smart Sensors
- Intensity Levels
- Good battery life
- Smartphone application to improve your brushing habit
- Travel case included
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart cons:
- The price can be considered high
- Sometimes the smartphone app doesn’t connect to your electric toothbrush. Probably you need to keep you phone closer
(Back to Top)
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart is at this point in the top 3 electric toothbrushes available on the market and it can help you to improve your oral health and your brushing habits by only using the buil-in features. The thing we like on Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart is that has multiple Smart Sensors and is using the BrushSyn Pairing Mode to identify the brush head used and select the corresponding cleaning mode. (Don’t forget to check the price on Amazon)